Having the ability to have a panoramic view of information over the organization in an impeccable and transparent way, has clear business value. The information is no longer just data, but content that can be integrated, interpreted and be more significant to corporate end-users.
Migrating content from one ECM system to another allows a united view and access to information in order to maximize investment and increase efficiency. So, having the right migration tool is a must-have when migrating content from one ECM system to another.
Using a migration tool means making the job of content migrating much easier. The point of these tools is automating the process of migration by providing a library of previously configured templates and tasks that can be selected and performed with a single click. As previously configured tasks are reducing or eliminating custom coding, they can likewise reduce both the level of required expertise and the duration of consulting services.
Customization & Configuration
If you want your migration to be successful, the content migration tool should include customization tools that are allowing you to make custom scripts and save them as templates that can be installed and run together with other automated tasks. Additionally, useful configuration options are including the ability to take a phased approach, run pilot projects, and also schedule your migration tasks at off-peak hours. Being able to schedule the migration will help you to better manage the process and also decrease disruption to content management users. Notification, monitoring, restart, and rollback options will allow you to earlier discover potential problems and make some changes in order to optimize the migration process.
So, if you want to make your ECM migration much easier, it is time to meet Caliente.
What is Caliente?
Caliente is a powerful automated content migration tool designed to easily and quickly import metadata and content into different sources such as ECM Documentum, ODBC compliant databases, Alfresco, SharePoint, and eRoom. Then both the metadata and content are automatically migrated to your ECM container.
Caliente has been used by many projects performed by Armedia and now is in use as a key element of many more projects.
Caliente can be used to import content from external feeds into managed content containers. With this migration tool, you can process millions of content files daily. You can also use Caliente for one-time content migrations from one CMS to another.
Caliente 3.0 is upgraded version of Armedia’s Caliente and it is a server based app that helps you to automatically import and export metadata and content from selected file folders into and out of an ECM container. Currently, Caliente integrates directly with Alfresco, Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle UCM and OpenText Documentum content management repositories. It supports relational or file database content and connected CSV or XML formatted metadata. Additionally, Caliente is providing a scripting framework to configure complex activities or add custom tasks.
Caliente is designed to operate as a multi-threaded process where you can run as many threads as needed in order to complete a huge amount of migration activities on a short time notice.
- Support for CSV file format for metadata,
- Native relational database migration support,
- Flexible XML configuration interface,
- Document versions,
- Configurable sizes per processing thread,
- Checkpoint Restarts, and
- Native ECM repository support.
Caliente 3.0 is offering great value for organizations that are looking for a scalable, simple migration tool to support the ECM initiatives. If you are examining consolidation or you are still in that early stage of wondering when and where to start, rest peacefully and be assured that moving to another ECM system with a help of an automated migration tool will save your time, money and lots of headaches.
Benefits of Using Caliente:
- Protection from data corruption and loss. Protecting data integrity is essential for all data managers. If the migration fails verification and validation, you have to start from scratch and hope that nothing happened to your source data and you haven’t lost your business data completely. Caliente protects you from data loss and corruption during migrations and ensures that missing data sets, errors, and other failed operations don’t cause manual data cleanup. If an error occurs, changes are reversed to the pre-conversion status.
- Reduce daily business operations. Caliente is designed to leverage established procedures and policies with minimal manual work while giving any volume of support needed. Caliente is offering backup, security, data identification, and recovery tools that are automated and easy to perform. This tool will reduce the burden of your staff while ensuring all of the key steps of your migration process are covered.
- Improve ROI and decrease storage costs. Caliente will help you to organize your data better and save money that you can use for other projects. If you have multiple ECM tools, Caliente can be used to consolidate to a single platform reducing software spend and training costs.
- Learn about your recovery goals. There is a lot more to a migration process than just moving your content from one point to another. A complete solution includes all aspects of content migration to include migrating content, metadata, taxonomy, ACL, users, groups, versions, annotations, renditions and more. If you have never before managed a migration process, Armedia offers you a full range of services to meet your requirements.
Migration is a journey and like with all journeys, the success depends on good planning (and packing), effective travel, and most important – an amazing destination.
Having a content migration tool like Caliente is especially important for organizations with large database since it simplifies the whole process and saves a lot of efforts, resources and time. Caliente will help you process and import impressive volume of content and can be adjusted to meet your organization’s performance requirements. It is designed to leverage established procedures and policies with a minimal manual effort while providing your organization with any volume of support required.