- The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 “to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…”
- The NSF is the funding source for approximately 24 percent of all federally supported basic research conducted by America’s colleges and universities
- The RMS is the heart of an end-to-end grant management solution providing a single-source repository to manage records through the entire records cycle − creation through electronic transfer to NARA.
- The solution is an advanced record retirement system encompassing a number of key characteristics that represent records management best practices replacing a legacy systems.
Problem / Situation
- NSF identified a need to implement a Documentum based Records Management System (RMS) to improve records management and to facilitate eventual adoption of electronic content to National Archives Records Management.
- The Records Management System utilizes Documentum Records Manager leveraging the functionality of the platform for Records Retrieval and Retirement as well as grants management.
- RMS allow the Division of Admin Services to maintain familiar processes while experiencing improvements in process management, communication and collaboration offered by the platform
- Automated processes supports efficient records management cycles and flows.
- Reduced record redundancy and enabled collaboration and record policy reuse
- Defining official electronic records for records with components that are produced by disparate systems.
- Ensuring that the delivered system is intuitive and minimizes the training requirements for the 250 records managers and support staff.
- Defining a record exchange process with the National Archives and Records Administration that will support the retirement of large quantities of data.
- Documentum Architecture
- Documentum Development
- Application Architecture
- Migration Services
- Documentum Content Server
- Documentum Records Manager