Armedia, LLC joins the 4% club of successful American companies by celebrating 15 years in business on April 16, 2017. Studies show only 4 out of 100 businesses exceed the 10-year mark. (*1)
- America’s safety is strengthened through the Intelligence and Law Enforcement work Armedia does to support the DIA, DOD, and DOJ.
- America’s military personnel and families benefit from the work Armedia does to assist returning soldiers as they get re-acclimated.
- Armedia helps the poor and less fortunate through their work with the US Federal Government’s Food & Nutritional Services at the US Department of Agriculture.
- Armedia is working to help America’s healthcare be more efficient by assisting the Food & Drug Administration automate their processes.
- Armedia has provided solutions for companies that need to `Just Do It`.
- Armedia keeps millions of airline passengers safe every day as they travel by helping a company deliver their goal of “Building a Better Airline, Not Just a Bigger One“; Armedia helps them to “Keep Climbing“.
- Armedia provides support to global International Communities Healthcare by providing solutions to ensure a safer method to track universally approved medical devices.
- Armedia strengthens neighbor relations at the local and global levels through their fundraising for places like Nepal, Area Food Banks – Bytes for Bites, Hatti, Marine Corp Toys for Tots, American Diabetes Bike-a-thon, Missionaries and other employee driven efforts.
VIENNA, VA: Armedia, LLC celebrates 15 years as a minority owned, veteran owned small business that specializes in using technology to automate and modernize processes and systems. Armedia’s primary focus is solving business problems with innovative technologies that achieve tangible results. Armedia successfully graduated from the SBA 8(a) program in 2013 and has continued to expand the business by bringing solutions to the market and developing mutually beneficial partnerships with government and industry.
Our mission – Provide world-class solutions to our clients —aiding them in achieving tangible returns on their technology investments.
Armedia was founded on April 16th, 2002 and has grown to annual revenues over $20 million with 124 employees and contractors. Armedia has two main offices — Washington DC metro area focused primarily on Public Sector and Atlanta, GA focused primarily on Private Sector.
For both Private and Public Sector customers, Armedia primary area of service is in Digital Transformation. Digital Transformation services includes Records Management, Storage Strategy, Regulatory Compliance, Retention Policy, Case Management, Document Management / Document Capture and Retrieval, Digital Asset Management / Media Services, Document Imaging, Content Strategy and Migration, Content Workflow, Lifecycle & Storage Strategy, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise System and Application Integration, Project and Project Management, Application Development (Java/J2SE/J2EE, .Net), and Web Publishing / Content Transformation. As a AWS Technology partner, Armedia is accustomed to helping customers increase ROI by leveraging the cloud to drive down costs and increase stability. Armedia is in the final stages of a FedRAMP moderate offering that provides a wide range of content and case management services using Alfresco, ArkCase and Ephesoft.
‘Our management team comes from a large corporate and military background; we pride ourselves on delivering as a small business. Armedia is about our people. The talent we have is our real product. Our clients hire us and continue to use us because we consistently deliver a quality product within time constraints and on budget,’ Armedia President James Bailey said.
He added, ‘For 15 years we have looked to hire well-balanced, educated, thinkers. People who like to roll up their sleeves and just ‘get it done’. We spend a lot of time together solving client problems. It helps to have a culture that rewards delivering for our clients. When deadlines hit it’s nice to know your team has your back and is mission driven.’
Armedia Core Values Make the Difference
From the very beginning Armedia’s three founders, James Bailey, president; John Shinnick, CTO; and Jim Nasr, knew they wanted to make their company stand out from the competition. They built a work community for problem solvers by establishing Seven Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Client Delivery, Openness, Community, People Growth, and Well Balanced Life.
Here are some recent testimonials from their bi-annual College Job Shadow Day at Armedia — an event that reflects their values in action. The number one comment was about how much they liked Armedia spirit and culture.
- ‘I happened to attend the job shadow program at Armedia. I’m grateful to you for giving the opportunity to explore your company and find out about the work culture & how you go about things. I really appreciate all your efforts for giving us such a warm treatment. The diverse culture is what really intrigued me about the company. The good thing is how people from various backgrounds are working together as a team and taking the organization forward. There is a lot that I learned today, which hasn’t been taught to me in college. The company’s core-values, vision and mission have impressed me and made me want to work with your organization. Once again I thank you for the wonderful experience! It was a pleasure meeting you .’ NP
- ‘Thank you for hosting us and providing the opportunity to learn more about the company’s culture. I love the company’s culture and the approach to solve client problems.’ HS
- ‘I was given the opportunity of Job Shadow and I have visited Armedia. For a student who has never worked in an IT company, this opportunity taught me more than I could ever learn from attending college. I was introduced to every aspect of Software Development and the kind of work that people in this field deal with. Now, I have got a good picture of what this job entails and what are the things that I should be learning to work in this field. The work culture at Armedia was very energetic and everyone who worked there were passionate about their work which is what made my experience at Armedia very informative and encouraging. Everyone at Armedia has encouraged the students to keep learning and never stop. This is what keeps me going. I really thank you and your team for giving me this opportunity. Hope to get to work here with the wonderful team.’ VG
- ‘ I’m SR, an Undergraduate student GMU who attended the “Armedia Job Shadow program. Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to experience the company atmosphere and also thank you for your treatments. The friendly environment in the Armedia gave me the opportunity to open myself to get the real experience. Since this is my first time seeing a company, I thought I’ll have a hard time, but the friendly atmosphere in your company surprise me a lot. All the members in the Armedia group treated us like treating to their own family members. I think unity within the company is one of your best strengths I saw and I think that has given the opportunity for you to improve Armedia to this level.’
For more information on Armedia visit www.armedia.com or please contact: June Brokos, Phone: 571-395-4800 x 4888, Fax: 703-935-303. Address: 8221 Old Courthouse Rd, Suite 300, Vienna, VA 22182 Armedia, LLC is a veteran-owned small business. Our federal services HQ is in Vienna, VA with other offices in Atlanta, GA and Newport News, VA.
Footnote: (*1) By Bill Carmody, Founder and CEO, Trepoint, article ‘Why 96 Percent of Businesses Fail Within 10 Years’ https://www.inc.com/bill-carmody/why-96-of-businesses-fail-within-10-years.html